In the world of technology our phones have the ability to be a wifi hotspot, this means that if there is no wifi available, we can tap into our phone to generate a signal that will empower other devices to connect to our wifi. As I was in church last night, the Lord spoke to me and said, “just stand, I am transmitting my presence through you into this room, you are a hotspot”. As I did this, eyes closed, heart wide open, and ears alert to the sounds around me, the worship leader began to lead the congregation into a spontaneous spiritual song, inviting the kingdom to come, then a woman behind me began to weep, wail and cry out to the Lord from the depths of her being, to the left of me a young child of 7 years began with a loud voice to cry out for the kingdom. The Lord said, “you are a hotspot, they are tapping into the presence of God that is coming through you”.
I love that God uses pictures to get His point across and that He is technology literate so He can communicate with our generation in a way they understand. So, here is how you become a wifi hotspot wherever you may be…
- Live a no resistance to God lifestyle. He is the source of power, we are just the hotspot He is working through. (2 Corinthians 4:7)
- Whenever possible, tap into the presence of God, so He can release power through you. This takes sensitivity to His spirit. (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- Never forget you are a mobile kingdom, you have authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. (Mark 16:17-18)
- Remember when you die to yourself, He gets glory. (John 12:28-36)
- Your life is called to communicate to everyone you meet, be reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
Every one of us can be a hot spot for the presence of God to flow through. The more yielded we are to God, the more He can work through us, for there is no interference. Remember, we are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16), but just like with wifi in our house, the more walls the signal has to go through the weaker the signal gets. So, let down your guard, open your heart and let the presence of God flow through you freely for others to experience His love, His power, His presence, His touch, His truth, and anything else of His He wants to release through you. All you have to do is get out of the way. Remember what John the Baptist said, “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30, ESV). The more holy, set apart from the world you are willing to live, guarding your eye gate, ear gate and mouth gate, the more power will flow through you. You determine the broadband width by the choices you make. We are God’s hotspots on earth.